I photograph to see what things look like photographed.
I was born in 1978 in Thessaloniki, Greece, and studied civil engineering in Thessaloniki (Bachelor) and Paris (D.E.A. in Ecole Centrale).
My studies in engineering ended in 2002 and it was in 2005 when I got introduced to the world of photography by
(a wonderful person) Manos Lykakis.
Since then, I became thrilled with photography and I also got involved with video making & editing, slideshows and lately, collecting sounds. I have also studied photography at I.I.E.K. E.S.P. with another favorite person and teacher, Manolis Skoufias, and took workshops by inspiring photographers and editors (Anders Petersen, Stratos Kalafatis, Eva Voutsaki and Moritz Neumüller).
My love for both arts and kids made me decide to study again: During 2015-2018, apart from working as a civil engineer, I studied Aesthetic Education at the School of Early Childhood Education at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
The State Museum of Contemporary Art possesses most of the works I exhibited at the context of the 5th Biennale of Contemporary Art in Thessaloniki, 2015.
Besides photography, I also enjoy music, poetry, true friendship, playing with kids, a good meal & rainy afternoons…
- Together, so far so close – Screening of “The Soundscape of a Lockdown in 2:30 minutes”, Group Exhibition, Momus Experimental Center for the Arts, Thessaloniki, Greece, October 2020
- “To Pikap Community – Art in Thessaloniki 2018-2019”, Municipal Art Gallery of Thessaloniki (Casa Bianca), Thessaloniki, Greece, March 2020
- “The Print Swap” – Berlin Blue Art Gallery, Berlin, Germany, Group Exhibition, May 2018.
- “Der Mann” & “Ways to Worries”, Cities and memories. June 2018. https://citiesandmemory.com/sound-photography
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Athens Photo Festival, Satellite Exhibitions, six d.o.g.s., Athens, Greece, Solo Exhibition, June 2016.
- Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica, 5th Young Artists’ Workshop: Romance – Thessaloniki, Yeni Djami, Group Exhibition, September 2015.
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Tabya, Thessaloniki, Greece, Solo Exhibition, February 2015.
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – 13th Kythera Photographic Encounters -Follow Your Art Gallery, Kythera, Greece, Solo Exhibition, September 2014
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Young Greek Photographers Exhibition 2013 – Kythera, Greece, Group Exhibition, October 2013
- “Ephemeral +”, Depot Art View, Thessaloniki, Greece, Solo Exhibition, March 2012.
- 25th Manifestation Internationale Video et Artes Numeriques, Videoformes
(“Videobank” section), screening of the video “Nea Krene – Venizelou”, Clermont-Ferrand, France, March 2010.
- 11th International Panorama Of Independent Film And Video Makers, screening of the video “Nea Krene – Venizelou”, Patra, October 2009.
- Young Greek Photographers Exhibition 2008 – Kythera, Greece, Group Exhibition, September 2008
- 10th International Panorama Of Independent Film And Video Makers, screening of the music and photography clip “LOCOMOTIVE BALKAN”, Patra, September 2008.
- Second Cities Photo Project – Košice, Slovakia, Group Exhibition, November 2007.
- Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica, PUBLIC SCREEN / Heterotopias /
7 Photographic Stations – Thessaloniki, Group Exhibition, September 2007.
- The Young Greek Photographers Award at 12th Kythera Photographic Encounters (2013)
- In “Luminous Eye Zine #03”, a bimonthly online zine by Luminous Eye, pages 30-53, September 2020
- “Φοίνικας/Ένας περίπατος στην πόλη”/”Foinikas/A stroll in the city”, pages 14-21, edition of 500, University Studio Press, December 2019
- “Σάσα”, self-published book, edition of 3, April 2017.
- “Homes Sweet Homes”, my first self-published book, edition of 150, August 2016.
- In the Athens Photo Festival catalogue, page 158, June 2016.
- In the 5th Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica catalogue, pages 202/203, 280/281, September 2015.
- In “Η ζωή πλαγίως”, Vol.4, a magazine about disability and being different, pages 24, 42, 63, 67, December 2014.
- In “wip”, Vol.16, the digital magazine of photography, pages 12, 13, 19, 28, 41, November 2014.
- In “Camera Obscura”, a 16-page section of the Thessaloniki based literary quarterly Entefktirio, dedicated to photography, Spring 2009
- In the book-cd of the movie :”Three Moments” of Petros Sevastikoglou, November 2008.
- In the Second Cities Photo Project catalogue, pages 9 & 29 November 2007.