I photograph to see what things look like photographed.
I was born in 1978 in Thessaloniki, Greece, and studied civil engineering in Thessaloniki (Bachelor) and Paris (D.E.A. in Ecole Centrale).
My studies ended in 2002 and it was in 2005 when I got introduced to the world of photography by
(a wonderful person) Manos Lykakis.
Since then, I became thrilled with photography and I also got involved with video making & editing, slideshows and lately, collecting sounds. I have also followed some courses at I.I.E.K. E.S.P. and workshops from inspiring photographers.
I usually share my photos, thoughts and articles on photography in photomind.gr.
Besides photography, I also enjoy music, poetry, true friendship, playing with kids, a good meal & rainy afternoons…
My love for both arts and kids made me decide to study again: At the moment, apart from working as a civil engineer, I study Aesthetic Education at the School of Early Childhood Education at the Aristotle Univerity of Thessaloniki.
The State Museum of Contemporary Art possesses most of the works I exhibited at the context of the 5th Biennale of Contemporary Art in Thessaloniki, 2015.
- Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica, PUBLIC SCREEN / Heterotopias /
7 Photographic Stations – Thessaloniki, Group Exhibition, September 2007.
- Second Cities Photo Project – Košice, Slovakia, Group Exhibition, November 2007.
- 10th International Panorama Of Independent Film And Video Makers, screening of the music and photography clip “LOCOMOTIVE BALKAN”, Patra, September 2008.
- Young Greek Photographers Exhibition 2008 – Kythera, Greece, Group Exhibition, September 2008
- 11th International Panorama Of Independent Film And Video Makers, screening of the video “Nea Krene – Venizelou”, Patra, October 2009.
- 25th Manifestation Internationale Video et Artes Numeriques, Videoformes
(“Videobank” section), screening of the video “Nea Krene – Venizelou”, Clermont-Ferrand, France, March 2010.
- “Ephemeral +”, Depot Art View, Thessaloniki, Greece, Solo Exhibition, March 2012.
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Young Greek Photographers Exhibition 2013 – Kythera, Greece, Group Exhibition, October 2013
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – 13th Kythera Photographic Encounters -Follow Your Art Gallery, Kythera, Greece, Solo Exhibition, September 2014
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Tabya, Thessaloniki, Greece, Solo Exhibition, February 2015.
- Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica, 5th Young Artists’ Workshop: Romance – Thessaloniki, Yeni Djami, Group Exhibition, September 2015.
- “Homes Sweet Homes” – Athens Photo Festival, Satellite Exhibitions, Athens, six d.o.g.s., Solo Exhibition, June 2016.
- The Young Greek Photographers Award at 12th Kythera Photographic Encounters (2013)
- In the Second Cities Photo Project catalogue, pages 9 & 29 November 2007.
- In the book-cd of the movie :”Three Moments” of Petros Sevastikoglou, November 2008.
- In “Camera Obscura”, a 16-page section of the Thessaloniki based literary quarterly Entefktirio, dedicated to photography, Spring 2009
- In “wip”, Vol.16, the digital magazine of photography, pages 12, 13, 19, 28, 41, November 2014.
- In “Η ζωή πλαγίως”, Vol.4, a magazine about disability and being different, pages 24, 42, 63, 67, December 2014.
- In the 5th Biennale of Contemporary Art of Thessalonica catalogue, pages 202/203, 280/281, September 2015.
- In the Athens Photo Festival catalogue, page 158, June 2015.
- “Homes Sweet Homes”, my first self-published book, edition of 150, August 2016.
- “Σάσα”, self-published book, edition of 3, April 2017.
Η ζωή πλαγίως, Τεύχος 4